Shield against blasts and explosions.
Help fortify your windows from blast related incidents and accidental explosions with 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films and Attachment Systems.
- Helps protect people and property against bomb blasts, chemical explosions and other explosives
- Flying glass shards are one of the most common causes of blast related injuries and fatalities
- Attachment systems help anchor the film to the glass frame, providing additional protection once the glass is broken
- 3M™ rigorously tests against a multitude of explosion and blast standards that include both shock tube and open air arena explosive testing
- 3M’s™ micro-layered, tear resistant, 3M™ Safety & Security Window Film Ultra Series is specifically designed to help provide additional protection from blasts
Protecting from explosive attacks.
Today bomb threats seem like a daily occurrence. If your facility is considered high risk, is near a building considered high risk, or if your building is near a high risk event, you should consider blast hazard mitigation for your windows. Schools, government buildings, financial institutions, data centers, large international corporations and controversial businesses should all consider blast mitigation strategies. 3M™ Safety & Security Window Films and Attachment Systems mitigate hazards from shattered glass due to natural and human causes.
Protecting from accidental explosions.
Accidental explosions are real life every day risks for many industrial, lab or manufacturing facilities and these occur more frequently than we would like to admit. In many facilities, glass windows, or glass insets in doors overlook industrial, lab, or manufacturing spaces and the risk associated with this glass is rarely considered. In the event of a blast, safety and security films help protect people from flying glass shards, one of the most common causes of blast-related injuries and fatalities.
Government owned or leased.
Whether owned or leased, many government facilities are required to implement blast hazard mitigation measures on their windows and glass. 3M Safety & Security Window Films and Attachment Systems have been tested to certain government referenced standards and meet or exceed the performance requirements on numerous glazing types under a variety of blast loads. Although government facilities range in risk category and level of blast protection required, 3M Safety & Security Window Films can provide an enhanced measure of safety for government employees and may help to meet necessary protection levels.
Security with a payback.
Unlike many security upgrades, 3M™ Security Window Films provide great heat rejection that helps provide energy savings, which helps reduce air conditioning costs, saving you money. Providing a potential payback in as little as three years.
|Global Explosive Statistics*|
|Over $4B in insured losses are reported due to accidental explosions annually|
|Over 10,000 reported terrorist incidents in 2013 alone|