Cleaning windows with installed window film is a straightforward process, but it’s essential to use the right techniques to ensure the film’s longevity and appearance. Here’s a guide from Clearview Tinting to help you maintain your filmed windows:
- Wait Before Cleaning: After film installation, wait at least 30 days before cleaning. This allows the film’s adhesive to cure fully.
- Use Soft Materials: Always use a soft, clean cloth, sponge, or a rubber squeegee to avoid scratching the film. Microfiber cloths are especially effective for this purpose.
- Choose the Right Cleaning Solution: Use a mild soapy solution or a window cleaner that doesn’t contain ammonia or abrasive components. Many commercial window cleaners are suitable, but always check the label.
- Gentle Cleaning: Apply the cleaning solution using a spray bottle, then gently wipe or squeegee off. Avoid applying excessive force, which might damage the film or its edges.
- Avoid Sharp Tools: Never use razors, scrapers, or abrasive pads on the film, as they can easily scratch or damage it.
- Edge Care: Be cautious around the film’s edges. Excessive scrubbing or repeated cleaning around the edges can cause the film to lift or peel.
- Routine Maintenance: Regularly clean your windows to prevent dirt and debris buildup, which can scratch the film over time.
With proper care, window films from Clearview Tinting will remain clear, effective, and aesthetically pleasing for years. Trust in our quality films and follow these cleaning guidelines to ensure the best results.